Why should you work for Fat Hippo?
- Salary starting at £30k per year + overtime and tips
- Contract for 45 hours a week, 4 or 5 days per week
- Paid overtime
- Full training and development provided
- Uniform provided when required
- Progression opportunities - new restaurant openings and promotions
- Company benefits – employee pension and free/discounted staff food depending on hours worked
- Great working environment – our team are great at making new starters feel welcome and a part of the Fat Hippo family
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing company
What are we looking for?
- Previous management or assistant management experience, ready to take the next step
- Good organisational skills
- Enthusiastic individual who is able to motivate others
- Strong team leader
- Driven individual who always wants to push boundaries and hit targets
- Someone who can train and elevate the level of other staff members at all times
So, who are we looking for?
We’re looking to find friendly, personable, confident individuals, with a committed work ethic and a passion for portraying the fun, household brand we’ve grown to be, to join the Fat Hippo family as we expand.
As the role of Restaurant Manager at Fat Hippo, you will be responsible for the smooth and professional operation of your site, ensuring that all tasks associated with the daily running of the restaurant are always carried out to a high standard. This will be your chance to form and develop your own team with the aim of establishing a solid reputation for great food and service within the city.
The role includes, but isn’t limited to, organising rotas, maintaining stock control, cash handling, monitoring standard and pace of service to drive sales, staff management and appraisals. You will be obligated to fulfil daily duties and tasks to run the restaurant and ensure the Assistant Manager and Supervisors are briefed and prepared. You will receive full training and work in partnership with Senior and Area management.
We’re big believers in helping you get where you want to be. For the right candidate who goes out of their way to impress and support us, there are possibilities to grow within the company in the future as we continue to expand.
Who we are
Born in 2010 with roots in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Fat Hippo are renowned for the best burgers and dirty fries. With a full menu of signature beef and boneless buttermilk chicken patties, we specialise in the best burgers, loaded fries and more ‘good old fashioned, roll up your sleeves and get it all over your face’ food.
Our burger restaurants live all over the UK. We’re recognised for our quality ingredients and quirky flavours, as well as a decent vegan, gluten-free and kids' selection to feed all of the family. Good food, messy fingers and juicy burgers - that's our motto.
Sound a bit of you? Get in touch! Drop us an email to Gareth@fathippo.co.uk or apply below.