We’re looking to find friendly, personable, confident individuals, with a committed work ethic and a passion for ‘the good kind of gluttony’ that we love to serve to our customers, to join the Fat Hippo family as we expand.
For the role of Head Chef at Fat Hippo, you must be familiar with working in an incredibly fast paced kitchen whilst maintaining high specification standards. Working closely with our Executive Chef and Area Head Chef, you will be provided with full training in all our systems and procedures to provide you with the best opportunities for success.
You will be responsible for completing kitchen paperwork within set time frames and always to the correct standard, ensuring stock checks are completed efficiently and orders are accurate to prevent any stock shortages at all times. You will also be responsible for recruitment within the kitchen team and completing staff performance reviews. You will ensure rotas are completed and available to staff with plenty of notice.
We’re big believers in helping you get where you want to be. For the right candidate who goes out of their way to impress and support us, there are possibilities to grow within the company in the future as we continue to expand.
Why should you work for Fat Hippo?
- Salary starting at £28k per year + overtime + tips
- Contract for 45 hours a week
- Full training and development provided included funded qualifications
- Uniform provided
- Progression opportunities - new restaurant openings and promotions
- Company benefits – employee pension and free/discounted staff food depending on hours worked
- Great working environment – our kitchen teams are great at making new starters feel welcome and a part of the Fat Hippo family
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing company
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 3 years of Kitchen Management experience
- Ability to follow and enforce company specifications and hygiene standards
- Good organisational skills
- Enthusiastic individual who is able to motivate others
- Strong team leader
- Driven individual who always wants to push boundaries and hit targets
- Someone who can train and elevate the level of other staff members at all times
Sound a bit of you? Get in touch! Please apply below and send us your CV!