We’re looking to find friendly, personable, confident individuals, with a committed work ethic and a passion for ‘the good kind of gluttony’ that we love to serve to our customers, to join the Fat Hippo family as we expand.
As a Kitchen Porter at Fat Hippo, you will get to learn what it’s like to work in an incredibly fast paced kitchen whilst maintaining the kitchen to ensure it’s kept neat and tidy. Working closely with our kitchen team, you will be provided with full training in food preparation, handling and hygiene standards. This is the ideal role for someone looking for an entry into the catering industry to develop new skills.
We’re big believers in helping you get where you want to be. For the right candidate who goes out of their way to impress and support us, there are possibilities to grow within the company in the future as we continue to expand.
Why should you work for Fat Hippo?
- Hourly rate up to £8.91/hour
- Flexible working hours available
- Full training and development provided included funded qualifications
- Uniform provided
- Progression opportunities - new restaurant openings and promotions
- Company benefits – employee pension and free/discounted staff food depending on hours worked
- Great working environment – our kitchen teams are great at making new starters feel welcome and a part of the Fat Hippo family
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing company
What are we looking for?
- Previous kitchen experience is preferred but not essential
- An eagerness to learn new skills and develop current skills
- Ability to follow and understand company specifications and hygiene standards
What will be expected of me?
- Carrying out basic cleaning tasks as efficiently as possible
- Collecting and washing up trays and cooking equipment
- Cleaning cutlery and ensuring food preparation surfaces are always clean and ready
- Unloading food from deliveries
- Ensuring storage areas remain organised
- Making sure work surfaces, floors and walls are always clean and sanitised
Sound a bit of you? Get in touch! Please apply below and send us your CV!