Why should you work for Fat Hippo?
- Hourly rate up to £10/hour
- Flexible working hours available
- Full training and development provided included funded qualifications
- Uniform provided
- Progression opportunities - new restaurant openings and promotions
- Company benefits – employee pension and free/discounted staff food depending on hours worked
- Great working environment – our kitchen teams are great at making new starters feel welcome and a part of the Fat Hippo family
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing company
What are we looking for?
- Previous kitchen experience is preferred but not essential
- An eagerness to learn new skills and develop current skills
- Ability to follow and understand company specifications and hygiene standards
- A team player with good communication skills
So, who are we looking for?
We’re looking to find friendly, personable, confident individuals, with a committed work ethic and a passion for ‘the good kind of gluttony’ that we love to serve to our customers, to join the Fat Hippo family as we expand.
As a Chef at Fat Hippo, you’ll get to learn what it’s like to work in an incredibly fast paced kitchen whilst maintaining high specification standards. Working closely with our Head Chefs and Sous Chefs, you’ll be provided with full training in food preparation, food handling and food and personal hygiene to provide you with the best opportunities for success. This is the ideal role for someone looking for an entry into the catering industry and to develop new skills.
We’re big believers in helping you get where you want to be. For the right candidate who goes out of their way to impress and support us, there are possibilities to grow within the company in the future as we continue to expand.
Who we are
Born in 2010 with roots in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Fat Hippo are renowned for the best burgers and dirty fries. With a full menu of signature beef and boneless buttermilk chicken patties, we specialise in the best burgers, loaded fries and more ‘good old fashioned, roll up your sleeves and get it all over your face’ food.
Our burger restaurants live all over the UK. We’re recognised for our quality ingredients and quirky flavours, as well as a decent vegan, gluten-free and kids' selection to feed all of the family. Good food, messy fingers and juicy burgers - that's our motto.
Sound a bit of you? Get in touch! Please apply below and send us your CV!